RECENT POSTS:

Friday, October 15, 2004

The Purchase

Super Cub Street 50  2004

I finally did it. I bought a cub. No, not a bear. Not a lion. But a Honda. A Honda Super Cub. Those ubiquitous little motorbikes that populate the streets, alleys, and yes, sometimes sidewalks of Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, and practically everywhere else in Japan.

What I'm going to do here, in this blog, is chronicle the daily, weekly, and monthly exploits of the Super Cub named Kimba. The name comes from the Kimba the White Lion. A cartoon I watched as a child, along with others like Speed Racer, Gigantor, Robot 8, and Johnny Quest. Kimba, along with many others, was made by animation pioneer Tezuka, of Atom Boy fame.

I'm not an animation freak, by any means. I just happen to enjoy some of those old ones. Kimba stood out for me. It was remade into The Lion King with Disney not giving credit to Tezuka for the inspiration to their huge money maker. Shame on you, Disney.

Anyway, back to the cub...

Check back here often and feel free to post.

Let the adventure begin.

Sincerely,
supercublogger (aka "scub") and kimba


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your site...especially the ski cub!

Brett
1966 CM91 supercub

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home