RECENT POSTS:

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Candle Road

Last night they held a very nice 'event' here in town. From our station to the next, they lit candles along the road and asked residents to dim their house lights to maximize the effect.

And all road traffic was pedestrian only. Not even bicycles were allowed. I have to say, it was very moving and very, very quiet. Really a great idea. I think it was the first time it was held, since our town is celebrating a 50 year anniversary. 

I could feel the connection to others, strangers, as we walked along roads only lit by small lantern candles. The photos don't really show the beauty, since I only had my phone camera along. But it was quite a sight to behold. 

Here's a close-up of the candle lanterns used. Basically cups with the candle inside. 
These along with glasses were used. Must have been thousands of them. 
There's a quaint yellow train that runs above the park on a stone bridge. I was just coming up to it, when the train passed. The windows made that white streak. 

Here's the poster. 


Close-up of the poster. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home