RECENT POSTS:

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Hagetaka the Movie (The Vultures)



I'm not one for Japanese TV drama. Very bad, usually. And very derivative of American productions like 24, etc. But this one, is unique and very, very good. Excellent production. I'd pay to see it. Well, looks like I can. It's going to be a movie, continuing the story from where the TV drama left off.

With Nao Omori, the wonderful Kyohei Shibata and Chiaki Kuriyama among others. 

You can watch the original trailers for each of the episodes
here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the movie on ANA flight from Tokyo to NYC.
Fascinating. GREAT amazing movie.
PLEASE can someone tell me where can I get a DVD with ENGLISH subtitles.
PLease anyone who knows let me know.

AANY1@AOL.COM

9:04 AM  
Blogger Robbie in Tokyo said...

Did you follow any of the series on TV? I only saw a couple of episodes, but it was done like a superbly crafted series on BBC some years back, Traffik. No, not the movie Soderberg did; he ripped off the BBC series which was in every way better.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home