RECENT POSTS:

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth



Right now taking a moment to write while watching the Closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games in Beijing. What a show! Truly fantastic. It puts anything else of this magnitude to shame and raises the bar for any kind of large show like this.
The classical choir singers were splendid. I just loved the whole darkened stadium effect with the lit up dancers and performers. Truly a work of moving art. And when the flame went out, I had tears in my eyes as I did when they played the national anthem of Great Britain, hearing that and seeing the Olympic rings brought me back, somehow, to my high school days and one of my favorite movies of that time, Chariots of Fire. 
Even though I love Jimmy Page (who doesn't?) and the whole London double decker bus w/ David Beckham was fun stuff, the dancers around it, representing the British upcoming games were really no comparison to what we had been seeing with the Beijing ceremonies. London will have to fill some seriously large shoes after this.  

All in all, a wonderful event, and as the OIC chairman said in his speech, these were truly excellent games. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home